Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A New Challenge: Records "On the Wing"

By: Kyle Thomas
Twitter : @Kyle_T8

Hey guys so I have decided I am going to embark on a journey to collect every single Pink Floyd studio album. Which may not sound like a lot to the average person but they actually have 15 studio albums dating back to "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" from 1967...I've been thinking about trying this out but I figured some would be too hard to obtain. After Syd Barrett's departure from the band it left them very vulnerable. Syd was the identity of the band. The band signed a contract to make 3 movie soundtracks. A contract that they later ended up breaking. But the two soundtracks they did make are called "A Soundtrack From The Film More" and "Obscured By Clouds".

Pink Floyd -"A Soundtrack From The Film More" (Photo taken by: Kyle Thomas)


Well when I stumbled on a copy of "More" I knew I could accomplish this feat of collecting all 15 studio albums. Arguably this is one of the hardest records to find from Pink Floyd. If you do find you usually will have to pay an arm and a leg for it. I'll keep you guys updated along the way.

So far I have:
"A Soundtrack From The Film More" - 1969
"Dark Side of The Moon" - 1973
"Wish You Were Here" - 1975
"Animals" - 1977
"The Wall" - 1979

10 more to go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment